Suggestion and Offer


Extracurricular Recruitment
Mark: Hey, I'm Mark, I'm a junior here at Collins High, I believe you're new here. What's your name?
Jackson: Yes, I am, I'm Jackson.
Mark: If I were to judge, you look like someone who enjoys a good game of basketball.
Jackson: Yeah, I do like basketball. What about it?
Mark: Would you like to come to the tryouts this weekend? If perhaps basketball isn't your cup of tea, you can try out for other sports teams like the soccer team, or even the football team.
Jackson: Sweet, I'll be there!
Mark: Thanks, I really appreciate it.

*that saturday at the school's sports stadium.

Lia: Good morning, how can I help you today?
Jackson: I was told that the sports team tryouts are taking place here, am I right?
Lia: Yup, and you're just on time. Sign these papers and write down what sports you'd like to try out for. You should try out for the football team, are you planning to do so?
Jackson: I don't think so, I'm only interested in basketball as of now.
Lia: Alright, so if you follow the signs, you'll be able to find the courts pretty easily. Good luck!
Jackson: Thanks.

*at the basketball court, after tryouts

Mark: Hey, man! I'm glad you made it. How were tryouts?
Jackson: It was okay, it wasn't my best but I think I did alright.
Mark: I heard some of the guys in the football team talk about you earlier, they said you'd make a strong quarterback. Why don't you try out for that, too?
Jackson: Lisa at the administration desk already asked me that, and I already declined. Football isn't exactly my favorite.
Mark: Okay then, and don't worry about making the team, you did just fine. See you at the first match!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Rwandan Genocide